I realised just the other day that I had never put any kind of info on my website about how the current Covid-19 situation in NZ is affecting my operating procedures and how this in turn might affect my clients. Hence this blog post. I’ll try to keep it as short as simple because the Covid-19 regulations are rapidly changing just as the virus itself is rapidly changing.
As I write this blog pos on 1 November, the Covid-19 situation in NZ in very simple terms is as below.
(Note; all info has been sourced from the official NZ Government Covid-19 site here).
OUr covid-19 operating procedures and safety measures
- I have recently had a Covid-19 test and returned a negative result.
- If I become unwell, I will reschedule any shoots until 24 hours after I have returned a negative Covid-19 test AND am symptom-free.
- I will wear a mask whenever shooting with people I do not know – and am happy to wear a mask even when shooting with people I do know.
- I will keep my customers informed on any changes in the Covid-19 alert levels or guidelines that might affect our shoot together.
- From what I can tell from the Government website, hen NZ/Queenstown switches to the Traffic Light Alert System, I should not need to scan Vaccine Passports in order to operate. However, if the Government guidelines require me to do so at certain Traffic Light Levels then I will.
- I offer a 100% refund policy.